Welcome to the University of Chicago Library! We’re pleased to offer University of Chicago faculty, staff and students the ability to reserve seats for quiet, individual study.
The College is also making seats available to current UChicago undergraduate students in the Arley D. Cathey Learning Center for quiet, individual study.
The University has also installed heated tents on campus for student study space and dining which do not require reservations.
To reserve a seat at the Library:
- Reservations must be placed at least 12 hours in advance, and reservations are required for admittance to the building.
- Seats may be reserved in half-hour increments for sessions lasting between 1 and 3 hours.
- You may reserve one seat per day, up to seven days in advance.
- You must bring your UChicago Card and proof of reservation to be admitted.
If you have a mask exemption or other accessibility need, please do not use this form; contact Circulation to discuss your needs.
- The Regenstein 2nd Floor Reading Room has 20 seats reservable for quiet study.
- The Regenstein 3rd Floor Reading Room has 20 seats reservable for quiet study.
- Computers are also reservable on both floors.