Book a Seat
Welcome to the University of Chicago Library! We’re pleased to offer University of Chicago faculty, staff and students the ability to reserve seats for quiet, individual study, as well as Zoom seats to support students who need a place to attend classes virtually.
- The Arley D. Cathey Learning Center, operated by the College, is also making seats available to current UChicago undergraduate students for quiet, individual study.
- Crerar: Seating in Crerar is currently unavailable.
- Reservations must be placed at least 12 hours in advance, and reservations are required for admittance to the building.
- Seats may be reserved in half-hour increments for sessions lasting between 1 and 3 hours.
- You may reserve one seat per day, up to seven days in advance.
- You must bring your UChicago Card and proof of reservation to be admitted.
If you have a mask exemption or other accessibility need, please do not use this form; contact Circulation to discuss your needs.
Consult floor maps for seat locations and whether they have access to electrical outlets.
Mansueto Reading Room: 30 seats (30 with electrical outlets)
Regenstein 2nd Floor Reading Room: 29 seats (20 with electrical outlets) and 4 computers
Regenstein 3rd Floor Reading Room: 28 seats (24 with electrical outlets), 4 computers, 1 microform scanner
Regenstein 4th Floor Reading Room: 23 Zoom seats (23 with electrical outlets)
Regenstein Microform Scanner
Patrons who wish to view or scan loaned microforms may reserve a seat at digital microform scanner, located in the Regenstein 3rd Floor Reading Room.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Library staff are unable to provide assistance with microform equipment.
Please review the Microforms Help Guide for guidance before your visit.