The University of Chicago Library welcomes visitors to its spaces and to consult its collections. We also want to ensure any visit to the Library is enjoyable, welcoming, and safe.
Access Appointments for Visitors
All visitors must visit the ID & Privileges Office in the outer lobby of Regenstein when the ID & Privileges Office is open to present proof of vaccination, proof of a positive COVID-19 test result dated in past 14-90 days, or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours prior to being given a visitor pass or ongoing card access to the University of Chicago Library.
Appointments to establish access are recommended but not required.
Proof of Vaccination or Recent COVID-19 Test
All visitors must provide upon arrival:
- A valid, government-issued photo ID
- Verbal confirmation of not having experienced any COVID-19 symptoms during the days leading up to and including the period of visit
- One of the following:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (digital pictures, verification apps, and copies are acceptable) using a vaccine authorized by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO). Full vaccination is reached two weeks after a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a one-dose vaccine.
- A recent negative COVID-19 test (within the last 72 hours)
- A positive COVID-19 test dated 14-90 days prior to visit with verbal affirmation that you are not experiencing any symptoms
Documents must be in or translated to English. Responsibility rests on visitors to provide convincing evidence of meeting these requirements to the ID & Privileges Office staff.
Due to current University requirements for mandatory masking regardless of vaccination status, the ID & Privileges Office is unable to take card photos on-site. Everyone without a photo already on file will need to submit a photo in advance as directed below:
Photo uploads for UChicago Alumni with CNetIDs:
Photo uploads for all others:
Link will be provided via email after you register for an appointment
Contact the ID & Privileges Office at 773-702-3344 or email@example.com with any questions.