Book a Room Migration Status Alert
New features of Book a Room:
- Book rooms using your CNet ID and password, eliminating the need to confirm booking requests via a separate email.
- Filter rooms based on the number of people in your group.
- On mobile devices, view the same room grid as on laptop or desktop computers.
Room Use Policies
- Rooms may only be used by groups of 2 or more users. Individual users are not permitted to use rooms.
- Groups can book rooms up to 7 days in advance for up to 3 hours per day. This 3 hour limit applies to the group as a whole, not to individuals within the group.
- Only current University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff may book rooms. Other groups may use rooms on a first come, first served basis only and must vacate a room when requested by a group that has booked the room.
- Groups may book Library Classrooms outside of regular teaching hours only. Groups may use library classrooms on a first come, first served basis during regular teaching hours when the rooms are not needed for an instruction session.
See the Library's Policies on Room Use and its policies for Maintaining a Scholarly Environment in the Library for a complete list of policies.
Other Library Spaces
The Library also offers other spaces that cannot be booked using the room booking system.
Visit Rooms and Equipment for a complete list.