Room Use Policies
- Only current University of Chicago students, faculty, and staff may book rooms. Other groups may use group studies and library classrooms on a first come, first served basis only and must vacate a room when requested by a group that has booked the room.
- Group Studies and Library Classrooms may only be used by groups of 2 or more users. Individual users are not permitted to use group studies and library classrooms.
- Groups can book group studies and library classrooms up to 7 days in advance for up to 3 hours per day. This 3 hour limit applies to the group as a whole, not to individuals within the group.
- Groups may book Library Classrooms outside of regular teaching hours only. Groups may use library classrooms on a first come, first served basis during regular teaching hours when the rooms are not needed for an instruction session.
- The OneButton Studio may be booked by individuals or small groups up to 16 weeks in advance for up to 2 hours per day.
See the Library's Policies on Room Use and its policies for Maintaining a Scholarly Environment in the Library for a complete list of policies.
Other Library Spaces
The Library also offers other spaces to study, teach, and for events that cannot be booked using the room booking system. See Library Spaces for more information.